What do we use personal data for?
Simac uses personal data only for the purposes of efficient and effective operation. We ask customers and potential customers to share personal data with us for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- In order to answer any questions or complaints
- To agree upon and implement the optimization of our products, services, website and customer service
- To activate or register certain products or services, or to expand their functionality
- The facilitation of access to information Compliance with legal obligations
- To conduct a customer satisfaction survey
- To contact for promotional purposes, including sending newsletters and invitations to events
- To create interest in us as a possible future employer, customer or supplier
- To deploying security programs
What data is processed by Simac
During your interaction with Simac, we may ask questions or request certain personal data. We collect only the data necessary for the provision of our services. These data include, but are not limited to:
- Name, e-mail address, telephone number, function, (business) address and/or (business) account number
- Future communication preferences of Simac
- Information about the products and/or services that you have purchased or have shown interest in
- Depending on preferences on social-media sites: information on online activities and social media profiles
Unless they have the permission of a parent or legal guardian, we have no intention of collecting information from persons under the age of 16 years. However, we are not always able to verify that someone is older than 16. We encourage parents to be involved in the (online) activities of their children, in order to prevent the collection of data pertaining to children without parental consent.
We do not keep data longer than is permitted by law and which is necessary for the purposes for which we use your personal data. The specific period depends on the nature of the personal data and the purposes for which they are processed.
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, disclosure and unauthorized alteration.
Sharing personal data with others
If you are a customer of Simac, it is possible that we may share personal information with other Simac operating companies to expand or complete the existing services we already provide.
In addition, we may share personal information with business partners and other third parties. If approval is required by law or if we consider it appropriate to do so, we will ask for your approval before sharing personal data. We may only share personal data for the following purposes:
- As regards the granting or execution of our services:
- To help us deliver our products and services, we link business partners and other third parties.
- We will inform you in advance of this cooperation. To the extent that these third parties may have access to your data, we have contractual and organizational measures in place to ensure that data are protected and may be used only for specific purposes.
- To improve our services, website or advertisements
- We use software from other parties to measure how well a new product page succeeds. Telephone calls may be recorded for quality purposes.
- To obtain feedback
- We sometimes use survey offices to better understand how satisfied customers are with our services.
- To perform a legal obligation
We never sell information to third parties.
Simac has installed surveillance cameras to guarantee the safety of its personnel and property, and to clarify the circumstances of an accident, theft or other incidents.
The images are NOT viewed in real-time, but only analysed by our responsible personnel in the event of incidents or alarms.
The images are stored for 48 hours.
Individuals have the right to see, correct or delete shared personal data (If this is legally permissible and practical). In addition, consent for data processing may be withdrawn for anyone objecting to the processing of his/her personal data by Simac. Individuals also have the right to data portability.
If you file a request, Simac will ask you to identify yourself to prevent abuse. We will respond to you as soon as possible, within four weeks at the latest, to address to such a request. We would also like to point out that everyone has the opportunity to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority.
If people do not wish to receive commercial messages from Simac, they can let us know by checking the relevant box on the form or by using the unsubscribe link in the e-mail that was sent.
If an individual does not want a cookie, then he or she may block this in the privacy settings of their internet browser.
Modifications to this policy