The following is the contents of a letter sent to Simac ICT Belgium customers on 18 March 2020:
Dear valued customers,
We hope this message will find you in good health as we work our way through this serious time for our families, community and staff.
You're very important to us. We can't do what we do every day without great customers like you, so thank you very much from all of us to you!
We consider our customers to be part of our extensive team, and will continue to do so in the future..
We take the impact of COVID-19 very seriously and we wanted to take a moment to give you an insight into how Simac ICT Belgium takes precautions during this period to keep everyone safe: our customers, our employees and their families.
Most of these measures came into force last week, but after yesterday's announcements by our government, we stepped them up:
- Since last week we have committed the maximum number of staff to work from home. We also made a split in the different technology clusters at Simac.
- When people come to the office, we ask them to disperse and leave enough distance to work safely. We follow the principle of social distancing.
- Staff who are not feeling well are ordered to stay at home. The same applies when someone in the staff's family is infected. We will inform you as a client if this affects our work for you.
- If one of our staff is infected, we will check which customer sites he/she has visited and we will inform you accordingly.
- We have cancelled all business trips abroad and all symposia, ICT events and meetings of suppliers. We encouraged our staff to stay in Belgium.
- Internal meetings are held via Skype, WebEx or other conferencing tools. Simac ICT Belgium is an ambassador of network and collaboration tools.
- Meetings with customers have been converted to online conversations where possible or postponed.
- We do not travel between our 5 sites in Belgium.
Some of our activities with you involve work on the customer's premises. In these cases, we have instructed our staff to be as vigilant as possible and to ensure that they wash and disinfect their hands regularly. All activities that can be handled remotely are also handled remotely.
In these difficult times, we want to continue to provide the highest level of support - the level of support you expect from Simac ICT Belgium.
So don't hesitate to contact me or your regular contact person at Simac. We will assist you to the best of our ability.
For our part, we would also like to know what precautions you take and what impact you think the COVID-19 crisis will have on our work with you: our projects, Professional Services activities, implementation, deliveries, ... If there is an impact on our collaboration, let's develop individual plans for work goals and deliverables.
Over the years we have built up a long-term relationship with our customers.
Our activities are focused on technology, but above all we want to build long-term partnerships, hence our slogan 'Teamnology'.
We will continue that Teamnology spirit in all our digital contact moments.
Take good care of yourself and your loved ones in this day and age, and always!
CEO Simac ICT Belgium
Patrick Bontinckx is CEO of Simac ICT Belgium. Patrick joined Simac over 20 years ago, and has headed the organization ever since. Prior to joining Simac, he held sales functions at Digital Equipment.Request advice